- This event has passed.
CoSA-Preservica Practical Digital Preservation core training webinar module 2
March 15, 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
This online workshop is free to anyone.
This is module two of a two-part online workshop to provide an in-depth practical training into the key concepts and processes of Digital Preservation, reinforced by demonstrations of the complete OAIS (Open Archival Information Systems) (ISO 14721) lifecycle – ingest, data management, storage, preservation, administration and access. The aim is to move beyond Digital Preservation acronyms and theory to give participants a fuller appreciation of the practical workflows, processes and considerations of real-world usage for State Archives.
This second session will include:
- Preservation Planning and Action
- including example of the preservation and management of long-term non-permanent records
- Controlling access to digital content
- Example of public access
- Bringing it all together – example Website Archiving
- Next steps summary : getting buy-in for your digital preservation program